DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION BELOW IS NOT OF MY OWN BUT AN EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK WAITING AND DATING BY MYLES MUNROE, I only edited a few parts just to make it a bit less edgy….
Now after reading some of parts if this book, I realized that there are certain things a lot of us would avoid or would’ve avoided in relationships before, if only we had a bit of some knowledge about it. But not to be in despair, we’ve learnt enough and are still learning, and I hope you can find one or two things that can be useful during your time of WAITING before you intend on DATING or start searching for that Godly life partner.
Too Spiritual? YES!!!! Because life in itself is Spiritual and it is not until we come to that realization will we be able to even have the ability to accommodate anybody else in our lives.
So here we go……..
PREREQUISITES BEFORE DATING
- Have a Full Awareness of the Benefits and Dangers of Dating.
- know that Healthy relationships should always begin at the Spiritual and Intellectual levels- the levels of purpose, motivation,interests, dreams and personality.
- A good understanding of God’s standards for relationships I.e, learn or work out a clear set of guidelines for behavior based on God’s word.
there are only 2 choices
- Either you will follow God’s standard by deliberate choice or
- Follow the worlds standard by default. (Plan ahead to keep yourself pure before you date or you’ll later probably won’t).
In as much as it’s important to find a godly person when considering dating, it’s of even more significance to know what God wants for you…… His good and perfect will. Romans 12:2 ……… Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.
WHAT DOES GOD WANT?
- Do not compromise or lower your standards for anybody even if it means loosing them.
Follow his word.
Stand firmly on his standards.
- When you regard dating as a matter of choice rather than necessity, you’re ready!
You are ready to date Only to the extent that you feel whole and complete within yourself. You are ready to date when you first learn how to be single.
ALONE NOT LONELY
Who ever thought there was a difference…?
Contentment: Is learning how to be fulfilled in your singleness.
A truly single person is complete in the following areas which are;
- Intellectually ( without dependence upon anyone else).
find your identity
have a sense of wholeness
have a relationship with God
- After straining all this, a relationship is only an added blessing: it is like icing on a cake.
- Healthy self love and getting rid of all feelings of inferiority and self hatred are also important.
- Personal wholeness is vital because it affects all other relationships. Therefore, allow me to say that being Single or alone is not synonymous with being lonely.
HOW TO LEARN TO BE ALONE – Matthew 22:38-40.
- Love God with your whole being.
- Have a clear and solid Faith.
- Grow your own roots ( have your own focus of motivation and control rather than other people).
- Become so surrounded by God that He will have to interrupt you by bringing another person into your life.
I end here for now…. More interesting topics like Discerning the right Life Partner and Myths of Mate Finding coming up.